Science – Inquisitive investigators, finding out about the scientific world.
At Victoria Primary School, we believe Science is a vital part of everyday life and teaching it through interesting and practical approaches can inspire children. We strive to spark a curiosity to find out about the world around them, to develop a sense of excitement, passion and interest about natural phenomena.
Our curriculum enhances our children’s knowledge and understanding and develops scientific skills, encouraging them to be inquisitive in Science and predict, explore and explain their findings. They develop teamwork and collaborative working and learn to use scientific enquiry to find out about the world around them.
Science at Victoria Primary School…
- Excites, engages and inspires us to be curious about our world
- Teaches us to talk, think and act like a scientist
- Is dynamic, hands on and accessible for all
- Is purposeful and relevant to our lives
- Raises our scientific capital and aspirations
- Empowers us to be knowledgeable about our world
- Develops understanding of the Earth and its natural resources and processes
- Develops teamwork and collaborative working