Art - Igniting our creativity, imagination and freedom.
Art is a vital part of our curriculum. It is incorporated into other subjects but is also taught as an individual subject in its own right. It helps our children to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically. Our Art curriculum enables our children to experiment with ideas and use of colour, pattern, texture and form and to communicate what they see, think and feel. They have the opportunity to use different materials and techniques and to be resilient when things are challenging to achieve their goals.
“There is no must in art, because art is free.” Wassily Kandinsky
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” Pablo Picasso.
Art at Victoria Primary School….
- Helps us to express our imagination and creativity in our own way
- Encourages us to be creative and to have fun
- Empowers us to have a go, make mistakes and be resilient
- Gives us the opportunity to express our thoughts and feelings
- Empowers us to know and talk about Art, artists, and materials
- Develops our skills, techniques and vocabulary
- Inspires us to try a range of media
- Helps us to evaluate and express our opinions
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” Maya Angelou