KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
At Victoria Primary School we are committed to promoting the safeguarding and well-being of all children and adults. We expect everyone in our community to share this commitment.
We have a Designated Safeguarding Team as below:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Miss J Renton (Deputy Headteacher)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs J Dark (Headteacher). Mr W Smith (Assistant Head) and Mrs K Jones (SENDCO).
- Safeguarding Governor: Ms S Firm
|Miss J Renton||Mrs J Dark||Mr W Smith||Mrs K Jones||Ms S Firm|
|Deputy Head||Headteacher||Assistant Head||SENDCO||Safeguarding /|
|Designated||Deputy DSL||Deputy DSL||Deputy DSL||SEND Governor|
What does safeguarding mean?
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing the impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
|Safeguarding is a priority in our school. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is|
|everyone's responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers|
|has a role to play in safeguarding children.|
Useful safeguarding and wellbeing contacts
For parents and carers
What should I do if I have a safeguarding concern?
If you have a safeguarding concern surrounding a pupil at Victoria Primary School, please call to speak to a member of the Safeguarding Team or send us an email.
Phone Number: 01535 210110
If you have an urgent concern about a child, or you need advice or information, you can call the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you think a child is in immediate danger, do not delay - call the police on 999.