Religious Education – RE – Connecting, respecting and strengthening relationships
Religious education is provided in line with the agreed West Yorkshire Syllabus for Religious Education. The aim of our religious education curriculum is to support our children to learn about and engage with religious beliefs and practices and to develop an awareness of spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues. We foster in our children a respect for other people’s views and encourage them to celebrate the diversity in society. Through acquiring knowledge and understanding of religious beliefs and practices through our curriculum, our children grow in confidence and are able to ask appropriate questions and can form and express their own opinions and beliefs.
Our Religious Education curriculum provides lots of enjoyable learning opportunities, such as discussion, debate and visits. We also encourage and promote links with the local community and different places of worship.
RE at Victoria Primary School…
- Empowers us to appreciate and value ourselves and others
- Builds relationships, respect and connects us to one diverse community
- Strengthens our confidence to explore and express our own identity, beliefs and morals
- Creates opportunities for us to listen and appreciate other people’s views, ideas and opinions
- Develops and expands our knowledge about culture, religions and other world views