Keeping your child safe when using the Internet and mobile technologies is a concern for any parent. The following links provide advice regarding safe internet usage and can be used with your child to improve their awareness.
If you are worried about keeping safe when on the internet follow the online safety rules.
If you are not sure about how to stay safe use the links below to help you.
|SMART Rules||EYFS / KS1 Online Safety Rules||KS2 Online Safety Rules|
Safer Internet Day Resources for parents / carers
Help and advice for you as a parent or carer
Click on the following links for helpful factsheets to help you keep you and your family safe online.
- About Safer Internet Day 2023
- Practical tips for staring a conversation about life online
- How to talk about difficult topics
- My child has said something worrying - what do I do?
- What do I do if something goes wrong?
- How to make a report
- Getting your child involved in online safety
- Find out more about specific issues
- Action Fraud Police
- Barbardo's Online safety
- Block The Web Monsters - West Yorkshire Police
- CEOP Youtube Channel
- Childnet Parental Controls
- Common Sense Media
- DFE - Covid 19 Support for parents and carers to keep children safe online
- Early Years online safety
- Google Safesearch
- Internet Matters.org
- Microsoft Family Safety
- Norton Online Family
- O2 Digital Family
- Parental Controls On
- Thinkuknow for Parents and Carers
- UK Safer Internet Service - Advice for Parents and Carers
- UK Safer Internet Centre - Social Media Guides
- UK Safer Internet Centre - How to set up parental controls
- Vodafone Digital Parenting
- West Yorkshire Police Online Guides
CHILD EXPLOITATION AND ONLINE PROTECTION (CEOP) CENTRE
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre work to protect children online. They have a reporting button for children and parents to use if necessary. It is important that we all know how to report something online.
Click on the button to learn more about CEOP and find out how to report someone online.